ELF Debian

I sort of feel bad about asking this question when everybody is working so
hard to get R6 out, however, I am very curious when can we expect Debian
to come out with ELF (1.0?) version?

Basically, I am trying to decide what to reinstall on my nuked HD --
Slackware 3.0 which is ELF, or Debian.  The Debian seems to be superior in
many respects, however, there is one aspect of ELF which is very important
to me as a user -- there are some programs that I can't compile on my own
machine (they are commercial or use Motif) and if the only binary I can
get is ELF I will not be able to run it on Debian.

Gleb

PS  Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I am moving to vm from elf, and it
seems like ispell setup is somewhat screwed up here in our installation of
xemacs.