dialups

I had a friend who wished to send me file. Since "minicom" does not have a
"host" mode, I set up a guest account and started getty on the modem. All went
well and I got the file ok, but two side effects (no doubt due to my
ignorance) - 1) cua3 became owned by the guest account with permissions set to
644 & 2) the bash shell did not die when he hung up the line. SO, 1) how do I
prevent the guest account from owning the modem, and 2) how do I get bash to
die when the line is hung up?

|  This message was sent from DEBIAN LINUX. |
|  Thomas Kocourek    --==<<>>==--   KD4CIK |
|  tomk@westgac3.dragon.com                 |