Re: diald anyone?

I had cautiously proposed to package diald about two weeks ago, but I was
cautious because it would use some user interaction if you want to do a
perfect job. And I feel that my bash/perl script capabilities don't quite
match that aim for a perfect job. Note that Peter Tobias does perfect jobs in
putting his stuff together, but that ppp/dip still need manual intervention
(setting up chat script, dip scripts etc.). Also do I only have dynamic slip
here which isn't really diald's preferred mode.

I would, however, we very glad to help out on the 'howto' of package
maintenance as I'd also like to see diald as a Debian package. A lot of doc
is in /debian/project/standards. There is for example the `hello'
package. Grab the hello-1.3.4.deb and hello-1.3.4.tar.gz.  Unpack the .tar.gz
and look at the control files. Read the doc from
/debian/project/standards. And subscribe to debian-devel (signing on here
needs approval of Ian Murdock or Bruce Perens; they are both _very_ busy for
the Sep 25 release so it might take a moment).

Hope this help,

--
Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca