Re: Outgoing Modem Configuration

>Dale Scheetz writes:
>
>>I have no serserial command on my machine? What is it? Where do I
>find it?
>
>setserial, not serserial.
>

>Richard Kettlewell                      http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/
>Home+work: <richard@elmail.co.uk>
>Home only: <richard@sfere.elmail.co.uk>

Well, I had no setserial either! I was able to find it in .../binary/system
and when I checked out cua3, it was configured for IRQ 3! Well, this modem
is in a machine with no com3, and to get com4 to work in windblows it is
necessary to configure it on IRQ 9 (2 for DOS) Using setserial I was able to
reconfigure it and dial out using minicom with all of the expected (correct)
results! Thanks to you and Dirk and Raul who each in your own way kept me
poking in the right pile till I rooted out the problem. This is a great
group and I feel privaledged to be a part of it. Thanks again guys! Next I
get to try to bring up PPP!
I had not meant to get into the thread about package organization but it
seems to me that system is just another misc and that setserial would be
better located in either comm or net package groups. I can't help but wonder
what else is waiting out there, uninstalled, to impeede my next project?
YHS, Dale