Re: debian source format

> It's much worse than that. A Debian package may correspond to
> multiple upstream packages; or even just parts of multiple upstream
> packages. Once you've downloaded the right ones, you still have to
> put them back together in the right way.

It's a bad idea to make a debian package out of more than one upstream package.
Where these exist, they should be broken up into separate packages. On the
other hand, it's fine to generate more than one binary package from a single
source package.

> It's in no way clear that the current arrangement is broken.

Not necessarily broken, but I think it was the wrong decision. We have a chance
to put it right now, and we probably will.

	Bruce
--
-- Attention Radio Amateurs: For information on "Linux for Hams",
-- read the WWW page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams,