Re: dpkg 0.93.71: conffile handling bugfix &c

Bruce Perens writes ("Re: dpkg 0.93.71: conffile handling bugfix &c "):
> Ian, can you deal with this in the dpkg postinst?
> cdr@sme.siemens.com said:
> > Ian, dselect worked for me as soon as I renamed methods/hd out of the
> > way like you suggested.

Yes, I shall arrange for the dpkg postinst to do so.

Just for future reference: it would have been helpful if whoever built
the basedisks that contain a copy of Carl's hd methods had asked me if
it would be OK - because I would have said `no' and suggested a way to
install them that wouldn't have needed postinst hackery when things
were changed.

Carl's methods shouldn't have been distributed to anyone who didn't
know what they were doing with them.

What version of dpkg was on the base disks in question, so that I can
target the appropriate versions in the dpkg postinst ?

Ian.