Re: sendmail

Anders,

I'm reassured. Thanks!

I don't mean to discourage anyone from working on sendmail, or using sendmail
if they require a special configuration. I simply want the general user to
use "smail" if they don't have a special configuration that would require
sendmail. While the new configuration macro suite has made sendmail much
easier to configure, smail is a no-brainer for the general user to set up,
and thus much easier for us to support.

I myself use sendmail because my system is on two networks - the wired
internet and the radio AMPRNET, and my e-mail host name has to change
depending on which network I send to! It is ab6ym.ampr.org or
beagle.pixar.com , depending on the destination of the message. Sendmail
let me do this with a configuration file rule - though I had to read a good
deal of Coastales' Sendmail book before I wrote that rule.

I'm glad to hear that you're still on the package.

	Thanks

	Bruce