Re: Problems with Debian: xbaseR6, texlib, SIGSEGV

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Joao Pedro PEDROSO wrote:

> I moved recently to a Debian system, and I have the following
> problems:
>
> 1 - Several packages (like 'mfxyes') require 'xbaseR6' instead of
> 'xbase'. Should I change the 'Packages' file manually and correct the
> dependencies before installation?

Joao,

This one can be overcome by appropriate use of flags to dpkg.  If you
type 'dpkg --help' you'll see there is a facility to ignore, or override
package dependencies and force the installation.

I think it's something like...

dpkg -i --ignore-depends=xbaseR6 mfxyes

I've been doing this after upgrading to x-3.1.2.

Kenny.

| <K.MacDonald@ed.ac.uk> "http://www.glg.ed.ac.uk/~kenny";  Try Linux!  |
| Portuguese/English/French Translations/Teaching by Native Portuguese |
| <H.Taborda@ed.ac.uk> "http://www.glg.ed.ac.uk/~kenny/Helena.html";    |