Re: Password files

tobias@server.et-inf.fho-emden.de said:
> Is the shadow password stuff part of the standard libraries (and uses
> the standard C functions like getpwnam)?

Yes. I think the way it works is that you only get the real
pw_passwd field if you are root - otherwise you get a "*" there if that
particular user has a shadowed password. "*" will not match any encrypted
password, it's too short, and it won't match a null password.
I think all I have to do is merge the code into
the ELF libc and it will work for all of the shared library applications. If
we have static-linked applications they will have to be relinked.

   Thanks

   Bruce

--
-- Attention Ham Radio Operators: For information on "Linux for Hams", read
-- the World Wide Web page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams, or e-mail to