? problem with dselect (dpkg dpkg-0.93.70.deb)

Oz Dror writes:

>I have installed to the new dpkg from 0.93.42
>dpkg --install dpkg-0.93.70.deb
>
>then I typed dselect
>
>I got the following error:
>bash: /usr/sbin/dselect: No such file or directory
>
>but there is a file dselect in
>/usr/bin/dselect

You need to type 'hash -r' (in bash, at any rate) to clear your
shell's hash table - once it's found a program it doesn't look through
the whole PATH again next time it's needed but just remembers where it
found it last time.

Hmm.  Perhaps this is a bug (or alternatively a design flaw) in bash.
Sensible behaviour here should be easy to implement, and I can't see
why the current behaviour should be useful.

--
Richard Kettlewell
<richard@elmail.co.uk>                  http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/