C-X C-C at bash prompt

Erick Branderhorst writes:
>I'm used to quit emacs by pressing C-X C-C.
>Now by mistake I sometimes press C-X C-C when I'm at the prompt of BASH
>This locks up my prompt and the tty. What can be done about this to
>get it alive again? I'm using bash_version 1.14.4(1)

Doesn't do that for me, either on an xterm or VC.  What sort of
terminal are you using?  (Hmm.  Is TERM set right?)

Are you sure you're not typing C-X C-S C-X C-C (which is what I
sometimes type to quit Emacs).  In that case, the C-S will lock your
terminal until you press C-Q (scroll lock will probably DTRT too, at
least on a VC).

Failing that: are you doing anything out of the ordinary with
readline?  What libc and kernel versions are you using?

ttfn/rjk