Re: [imurdock@debian.org: emacs 19.29-1 now available]

On Fri, 28 Jul 1995 adrianp@powertech.no wrote:
> It is possible to build emacs with pop support included. I understand
> that it may be a bit of a pain in the butt there then being 4
> different "versions", but it would it be possible to have a debianised
> emacs with pop support ?

The recently released vm package is supposed to be able to talk POP,
though it currently doesn't work very well if it can't reach the POP
server.  I have a script which I used to download pop mail into my home
mailbox and use that instead - cheaper than leaving the phone connected
while I'm reading mail.  You might be able to adapt that to do the right
thing for you.

(vm is a MUA written in emacs lisp, like Rmail.)

That only helps if you want to use vm.  I'm finding X+emacs+vm a little
painful in 8Mb, tho it's perfectly OK without X.

ttfn/rjk