DEBIAN-0.90: A FEW

In your message of Tue, 08 Feb 1994 22:12:00 PST, you write:
+---------------
| My main problem with setserial at the moment is that I can't work out how to
| use the "-fourport" switch. I want to turn the "fourport" flag off, but
| setserial whinges "-f unknown option" at me. "- fourport" doesn't work either
.

GNU getopt is a bit promiscuous about parsing arguments that look like options:
 unlike standard getopt, which stops parsing at the first non-option argument,
GNU getopt leapfrogs to the next option-like argument.  So it's eating the
"-fourport" (and choking...).

Fix:  add "--" somewhere before "-fourport" to force GNU getopt to stop parsing.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery	   kf8nh@kf8nh.ampr.org		 bsa@kf8nh.wariat.org
"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years