Re: Configuring serial ports...

James Robinson:
   Well, what I did in order to be able to simply BOOT Debian Linux
   and get a prompt was to boot off the floppy, mount my hard drive
   with mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /mnt and go in and edit
   /etc/rc.d/rc.M.  Remove the call to /etc/rc,d/rc.serial.  Or else
   you could simply rename rc.serial to something else.  As to how to
   get setserial to work, I don't know.

I'm going to repeat something I said in an earlier post -- try a power
off reboot.  I don't know what the ultimate solution is, but it would
be interesting if someone besides myself had this work.

Raul D. Miller