Re: some more little bugs in 0.91

[I am still not receiving my posts back from the list server.
 Luckily, someone responded to my last one.  So I know my posts are
 being mailed to at least one other person (Yo, Adrian!).  :)]

> On Feb 2,  8:07pm, Michael E. Deisher wrote:
> > 1. Only root (and group mail) has permission to write /usr/spool/mail.
> >    This causes "emacs -f rmail" to fail.  Permissions should be
> >    drwxrwxrwt, shouldn't they?
>
> If I remember rightly, under SGI's machines you have to change emacs' mail
> program's group and or permissions (in lib/emacs/<version>/linux<something>
>
> This is what our IRIX says :
>
> -rwxr-sr-x   1 bin      mail       51540 Dec  2 08:51 movemail*

Even after changing permissions/ownership from

  -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin          9220 Dec 12 00:14 movemail*

  -rwxr-sr-x   1 root     mail         9220 Dec 12 00:14 movemail*

the problem still occurs.  The problem manifests itself as an emacs
error message:  "Renaming: permission denied, /var/spool/mail/deisher,
/var/spool/mail/deisher+".  However, changing

  drwxrwxr-x   2 root     mail         1024 Feb  3 07:41 mail/

  drwxrwxrwt   2 root     mail         1024 Feb  3 07:41 mail/

solves the problem.  Will this create any *new* problems, security
holes, etc.???

--Mike