Re: TeX

According to Emilio Lopes:

> Just a question: Has someone talked to Eberhard Mattes about the possibilility
> of distributing a *binary-only* version of emtex's dviscr? I'm not sure, but
> I guess Vinod said the main problem is that dviscr has a lot of asm code.
> Surely, we can't find anything better than dviscr.

The info about emtex came to me from someone (I donot remember who). However,
since xdvik has standardised xdvik library with virtual font, pic support,
etc.  and is well suited for unix environment.
(More importantly, a local 'X'pert also showed interest in porting it :-)

                                                        Vinod.
Vinod G Kulkarni                                Research scholar, Indian
vinod@cse.iitb.ernet.in		                Institute of Technology,
My favourite sign: [                         ]	Bombay, INDIA.