Re: disk division guide

>> We now use a really powerful algorithm to find the best possible
>> arrangement of the packages.  No human could do better, trust us.

> I just noticed something while trying to copy the 0.91 packages onto
> 1.44M disks using Dan's *optimal* scheme.  Under Linux, df shows that
> a blank 1.44M floppy has 1423K free.  So, under Linux, there is not
> enough room fill the util 2 disk using Dan's scheme (it requires
> 1446K).  Is it possible to fit the files on one disk using the Linux
> msdos file system?

> BTW, MS-DOS chkdsk reports that a blank 1.44M floppy has 1457664 bytes
> free, so perhaps it is possible using (shudder) DOS.

Well, I guess we goofed ... (sorta).  Our optimal scheme assumes that
people use MS-DOS disks.  We will have to change that for the future.
Actually, we can probably run the program again and repost the
"optimal" scheme for non-MS-DOS disks.  We apologize.

> Please let me know if I am overlooking something.  I *am* only human. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out!

--
Jeffrey Wescott			<wescott@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>