Re: Ukrainian locales

В Срд, 22/11/2006 в 08:55 +0100, jureq@op.pl пишет:
> I have to install etch for english, greek, russian and ukrainian users. Which locales should I use for ukrainian: "ru_UA.UTF-8 UTF-8" or "uk_UA.UTF-8 UTF-8"? What are the differences?

uk_UA seems to be more reliable than ru_UA. The last one uses russian
language with ukrainian currency, while most of ukrainians use uk_UA for
ukrainian language i18n or ru_RU for russian. And, of course, some of
us, who speak in C language, prefer POSIX locale ;)
And note that .KOI8-U is preffered over UTF-8. UTF-8 still have problems
with curses-based software.
If you plan to use only grafical environment, then UTF-8 will work ok.

--
Best wishes,
~       Serge.           pubkeys: http://uch.net/~fisher/keys.asc