Zonbu som debian server

Hej

Jag har precis köpt en Zonbu (http://www.zonbu.com) och tänk köra Debian etch på en USB HD men det går inget vidare. Får problem när den ska boota up Här är mitt brev som jag skickat till den genrella debian listan och jag ber om ursäkt för engelskan. Har ni något förslag på hur jag skall gå vidare so vore jag ytterst tacksam

"I did the following (from another Debian)  to the  USB -HD

zcat boot.img.rz > /dev/sda
mount /dev/sda /mnt
cp initrd.gz /mnt  (from the netinstall)
umount  /mnt

And this time i only booted the machine with the USB HD attached and the installer booted and run happily from the USB HD

i proceeded with the installation and selected /dev/sda as the partion to put grub on

Reboot.... and GRUB boots but no boot entries (grub mini bash menu). also tried the grub commands suggested but when i do root ( <tab> i only get fd0.

Then i tried to install grub on

/dev/sda1

dosn't boot at all

making the partition reiserfs instead of ext3
Grub error 17
after doing a rescue and grub-install /dev/sda
Grub error 18

So my guess is either
a) The USB-HD isn't supported ( which seems a bit unlikely as it boots the installer )
b) Some weird restriction exist in the hardware to boot from a USB-HD
c) Im doing some stupid mistake that I'm not realizing

I can't really come up with anything what to do next if you guys have any more suggestions please let me know
"