From: "Mathias Friman" <mathiaswce@hotmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: NFS-mount in Woody
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:06:24 +0000

Hi everybody!

I'm having a bit of trouble with NFS exports in a standard Woody-dist. with the standard CD-image kernel named 2.2.20-idepci. I'm trying to export the directory ns1.knorca.se:/test (rwxrwxrwx) with the owner nobody.nogroup to the computer ns1 (that is export the directory to the computer who "owns" it) with read/write access. My exports-file looks like this on the computer "ns1":

/test    ns1(rw)

When booting the ns1-computer I get this message:

[cut]
Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...ns1.knorca.se:/test: Function not implemented.
done.
[cut]

and this in syslog

nfsd[214]: nfssvc: Function not implemented

Trying to mount the exported directory results in the following message:

mount: ns1:/test failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

with syslog saying:

rpc.mountd: Authenticated mount request from ns1.knorca.se:853 for /test
rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Function not implemented

The hosts.allow and hosts.deny files are both completely empty, except for the standard comments.

Even if I set exports-permission to * it does not do the trick. I suppose that the reason for this is that the nfsd-module is not compiled into the kernel. Therefore I tried to compile a new fresh 2.4.18-kernel, but it won't boot. I think I read something about inserting some parameters into lilo.conf to boot 2.4.x-kernels but I am not sure. Anyone interested to give me a hand?

I have the 7 iso-cd's of Debian 3.0 but not possibility to connect my >site to the internet.

Kind regards,
Mathias Friman/Sweden