Usuarios con una SiS650: hay esperanza

Paseandome un poco por la página del bien amado Thomas Winischhofer me he encontrado con esta noticia: "Currently, I am busy rewriting the 2D acceleration part for the 315 and 330 series to use a new kind of command queue mode (VRAM queue). Works already, but requires some testing before I will release the code. The reason for this is the simple fact that it is much easier to write a DRI driver for 315/330 with this VRAM queue mode. But beware, I do not intend to write such a driver myself, so any respective questions will remain unanswered. In other news, SiS dropped the 660, M660, 760, M760 (which were announced back in March 2003) and released the 661FX, M661FX and 741 instead. While the 660 and 760 were supposed to contain a Xabre GPU core, the new chips actually, once again, recycle the old 315 core; in other words, graphics-wise they will be quite compatible to the 650/M650/651. I haven't got any information from SiS yet, so the driver right now guesses what these chips are capable of (such as assuming that they have 2 video overlays, etc). Stay tuned. Update on its way."

Propongo empezar a intentar presionar un poco a SiS para que realice ya de una vez unos drivers DRI para las series 315/330 (Xq resulta muy triste no contar con aceleración 3D en nuestro tan querido GNU/Linux).