Re: Debian registered by a trade as TM in Spain!

(BTW, CC: me since I'm not subscribed to either lists)

Thus spoke Henning Makholm:
>If it's anything like Danish trademark law, there ought to be a
>possibility of challenging the trademark registration (though there
>may be out-of-pocket expenses, hence steps 1-4). I assume that
>somebody has markeded Debian CD sets in Spain prior to 2001? Evidence
>of saturation bombing of the general public by 4-color ads is not
>necessary, though it probably wouldn't hurt to be able to produce a
>few thumbnail-sized black-and-whites in the local geek press.

As for the Debian CDs prior to 2001:

I provided, in october 1998, Debian CDs, with the 'hamm' distribution (as
well as installation instructions) to a Spanish magazine (Linux Actual,
edited by Prensa Tecnica) as seen here:
http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19981016 (picture incuded)

There was also a magazine (Linux Actual #1) edited in january 1998 with
Debian CDs for 'bo'. www.prensatecnica.net works, but
http://www.prensatecnica.net/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi doesn't so I
can't confirm confirm the exact date. However, a note at the Sobre's group
(http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/sobre/novatica-seccion/node5.html, in spanish)
confirms the date.

FYI

Javi