Re: ¿Compresion bz2?

Octavio Rodriguez Perez decía:
> Hola a todos,
>
> Buscando en internet manuales de esto y aquello, me encuentro con
> ficheros tar.gz y tar.bz2 .
>
> ¿Que formato de compresion es este?
Del paquete bzip2:
 bzip2 is a freely available (GNU GPL'd), patent free, high-quality data
 compressor.  It typically compresses files to within 10% to 15% of the best
 available techniques, whilst being around twice as fast at compression and
 six times faster at decompression.
 .
 bzip2 compresses files using the Burrows-Wheeler block-sorting text
 compression algorithm, and Huffman coding.  Compression is generally
 considerably better than that achieved by more conventional LZ77/LZ78-based
 compressors, and approaches the performance of the PPM family of
 statistical compressors.
 .

> ¿Es mas eficiente que el gzip?
Mi experiencia es que con código y supongo que con texto normal, comprime
mucho más. El egcs son 10 Mb con gzip y 7 con bzip2.

> ¿Con que comandos comprimo y descomprimo?
bzip2, bunzip2

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76