Re: Cavalo de Troia LKM

Galera;

* Musashi corta a msg que Fabricio Cannini Flores enviou para Still:
> Completando o assunto,
> li isto numa página que dá dicas sobre como aumentar a segurança de
> máquinas Linux (mais especificamente, Debian).
> Ao que parece, há um exploit do kernel solto por aí.
> Mas este negócio do trojan é um defeito do LKM, conforme diz a página.
>
> http://www.wiggy.net/debian/developer-securing

	Só para completar mais ainda:

#

Checking `lkm'... You have     4 process hidden for ps command
Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed

You can get more info by running it in expert verbose mode, here is an
example,

$ chkrootkit -x lkm
ROOTDIR is `/'
###
### Output of: ./chkproc -v -v
###
PID     4: not in ps output
CWD     4: /
EXE     4: /
PID     5: not in ps output
CWD     5: /
EXE     5: /
PID     6: not in ps output
CWD     6: /
EXE     6: /
PID     7: not in ps output
CWD     7: /
EXE     7: /
You have     4 process hidden for ps command

Check the /proc/<pid>/status file for the name of the process. Example:

$ cat /proc/[4-7]/status |grep Name
Name:   ksoftirqd_CPU0
Name:   kswapd
Name:   bdflush
Name:   kupdated

	The lkm check is known to produce false positives for NPTL kernels
(2.6 kernels or 2.4 with NPTL patches). Common multithreaded programs
which will show this behaviour are slapd, mozilla and apache2 if you
use one of its threading MPMs.
	The lkm check is known to fail on really slow machines. As processess
start up and exit, it thinks they are hidden.

[]'s,

Still
--
Nelson Luiz Campos                  .''`.     | I hear; I forget.
Engenheiro Eletricista             : :'  :    | I see; I remember.