Re: m810 chipset sis740

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:00:15 -0300
"Gustavo Junges" <gustavo.br@terra.com.br> wrote:

> Seguinte pessoal, tenho uma placa que como vocês podem ver não é >nenhum top de linha mas é o que eu tenho e quero ver ela funcionando
Tenho uma placa dessas e não precisei recompilar nada. Na primeira tela da instalação do Woody selecione "bf24", este kernel já vem com tudo.

Para o som, instalei o discover e "discover --module sound". Retornou o módulo "trident" que carreguei no "modconf".

Quanto a 3D, ela suporta, tem que recompilar, mas não sei como se faz.
Navegando encontrei o texto abaixo em: http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml

    * I installed XFree 4.3 and I don't have 3D support anymore on my 300 series chipset. What's wrong?
    * Due to the inclusion of Mesa version 4 in XFree 4.3, the SiS DRI driver was disabled because nobody converted it to Mesa 4. You can still use Mesa version 3 which came with XFree 4.2. Debian users may just install the xlibmesa3 packages from 4.2 (which are available in the download section on this page.) Users of other distributions should backup all existing libGL.so*, libGLU.so* files as well as all files in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/ before installing XFree 4.3. After that simply copy them back to their old locations. But beware: The DRI driver files *must* have been compiled with the same version of gcc as the X server. Update: An updated DRI driver is in XFree86 4.3.99.14, meaning that there is no such workaround required if you are using this version or later.

Boa sorte.

--
Savio M. Ramos -  Arquiteto
Rio de Janeiro ICQ174972645