Debian καi mono..

Παρεθέτω ένα αίτημα που έστειλα στο debian-user list καθώς και μια μικρή συζήτηση στο #debian στο freenode την οποία ξεκίνησα. Χωρίς καμια διάθεση flameware λέω την άποψή μου και θεωρώ ότι είναι ζήτημα για το οποία πρέπει να γίνει ψηφοφορία. Υπάρχουν δόξα το θεο ένα σωρο διανόμες που μπορούν να έχουν όσο ελαστικά στανταρντ θέλουν ως προς δικαιωματα και την κουλτούρα τους αλλά νομίζω ότι για μια διανομή σαν το debian πρέπει να προσπαθήσει ώστε να διατηρήσει την ταυτότητα της.

   As a dedicated  debian user i want to express my concerns and
   worries regarding mono inclusion in main
   and i  ask for a vote for mono in non-free/main because:

   1) I feel like microsoft is not clear about the license issues.
   2) MS is a monopoly in desktop OS market and its monopoly aggresive
   behavior has been proven
   in courts and is evident every day. see netbook market for example.
   Wouldnt a pro-ms pro-monopoly  move harm the excellent name Debian
   has build?
   3) Is essential to me and the way i perceive the debian identity to
   has a clear position out of middleware rivalries of
   multinationals companies not favoring or taking sides.

   +1 for a voting procedure.

   chomwitt

   < chomwitt> is there a schedule for a voting procedure regarding
   mono in main vs non-free in the
                     debian community?

   < mutante> chomwitt:
   http://photosinensis.livejournal.com/744601.html  :p

   <mutante: well , i am from greece. here there is a grandiose
   monopoly of ms in the pc
                     market for 10+ years. so even if silly they are
   very powerful silly and thats dangerous.
                     why debian community wants to tip the scale in
   favor a  monopoly side in a hypothetical
                     sun-ms middleware battle? I wont rant or troll, i
   just say that a vote seems a logical
                     procedure in an identity issue like this. Although
   not a developer i'm user for many years
                     i'll continue to be (cause i have the choice to
   switch to debian-xfce for example) i just
                     want to +1 for a voting procedure. Thanks.17:02

   < fxiny> chomwitt: do you really belive debian is so dumb ?

<chomwitt> fxiny: i'm not experienced to be frank in the workings of the developers community and
                     their thoughts. I just say thats as i perceive the
   issue as an outsider it gives the
                     imperssion thats there is a lack of sensitivity in
   that issue. If thats a false impression
                     of me or hasty one i apologize.

   < fxiny> chomwitt: i am a user like you , first time i read about
   this mono thing i just laughed . RMS
                  is wrong
   < fxiny> because debian as a project , is smarter then any individual
    < cast> in light of RMS being able to use spaces correctly, i'm
   finding him more convincing at the
                 moment