Re: Curl (was: SMS via Modem)

Am 2008-05-27 14:35:27, schrieb Marco Scholtyssek:
> Hallo Christian,
>
> ich habe curl mal ausprobiert. Jetzt habe ich eine Frage dazu:
>
> Wenn ich ein HTTP-Request per GET übergebe, ist mir klar wie das
> funktioniert, aber wie mache ich das, wenn die Website den HTTP-Request
> per POST erwartet?

----[ man 'wget' ]------------------------------------------------------
       --post-data=string
       --post-file=file
           Use POST as the method for all HTTP requests and send the
           specified data in the request body.  "--post-data" sends
           string as data, whereas "--post-file" sends the contents
            of file.  Other than that, they work in exactly the same
            way.

            Please be aware that Wget needs to know the size of the
           POST data in advance.  Therefore the argument to
           "--post-file" must be a regular file; specifying a FIFO or
            something like /dev/stdin won't work.  It's not quite
            clear how to work around this limitation inherent in
            HTTP/1.0.  Although HTTP/1.1 introduces chunked transfer
            that doesn't require knowing the request length in
            advance, a client can't use chunked unless it knows it's
            talking to an HTTP/1.1 server.  And it can't know that
            until it receives a response, which in turn requires the
            request to have been completed -- a chicken-and-egg prob-
            lem.

           Note: if Wget is redirected after the POST request is com-
           pleted, it will not send the POST data to the redirected
           URL.  This is because URLs that process POST often respond
            with a redirection to a regular page (although that's
            technically disallowed), which does not desire or accept
           POST.  It is not yet clear that this behavior is optimal;
            if it doesn't work out, it will be changed.

           This example shows how to log to a server using POST and
            then proceed to download the desired pages, presumably
            only accessible to authorized users:

                    # Log in to the server.  This can be done only once
                    wget --save-cookies cookies.txt \
                        --post-data 'user=foo&password=bar' \
                         http://server.com/auth.php

                    # Now grab the page or pages we care about.
                    wget --load-cookies cookies.txt \
                         -p http://server.com/interesting/article.php

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)