Re: any help will be welcome

Also sprach <Muthana.AL-Temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de> (Tue, 24 May 2005
16:01:29 +0200):
> Dear Debian User,

hi.

you're on the german user list, so you will sure get more answers at
 debian-user@lists.debian.org , which is an english list.

go here to subscribe:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

> [...]
> Fetched 2058B in 3s (613B/s)
> Failed to fetch
> http://security.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/main/binary-i386/Packages
>  Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> W: Couldn't stat source package list http://security.debian.org
> stable/updates/main Packages
> [...]
> Can any body help me please? Happened today with me (24.05.2005)

look's like an error in the .gz you downloaded. maybe the downloaded
file got corrupted so gzip was unable to extract it or there was some
problem at the mirror.

try again later or use a mirror near you. also check
/etc/apt/sources.list for a line

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
or
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

..there seems to be a slash too much here    ^^^ from the apt-output
above.

sl ritch.

excuse my bad english ;)