Sarge, SATA, 2.6.8 and IDE CDROM's

Hello,

I use 2 SATA drives on an Asus P4C800E Board - Intel 875 Chip (ICH5R). Both
SATA drives are conntected to the ICH5R. On the second PATA channel I have
a DVD reader and a CDRW writer. Both are working perfectly under Windows XP.
I installed my Sarge with a CD (netimage). I use the newest 2.6.8 kernel
with SMP functionality.

My problem :
After the installation I'm no longer able to use one of the CD drives at the
PATA port. I've tried several things (e.g. IDE SCSI emulation), but up to
now I don't succeed.

Has anyone an idea how to bring my CD drives in operation with kernel 2.6 ?

Best regards

Ralph

 Ralph Stens
 email : ralph.stens@r-stens.de