Re: GnuPlot und Cursortasten

* Peter Blancke <blancke@gmx.de> [040530 11:10]:

> > Aufgrund irgendwelcher Lizenzfragen wird das gnuplot unter debian
> > mit der Option "--without-gnu-readline" kompiliert.
>
> Warum? Weiss da jemand was Genaueres?

Siehe den entsprechenden Abschnitt unter
/usr/share/doc/gnuplot/README.Debian :

libreadline

Yes, the built in readline of gnuplot is bad. However, libreadline
cannot be used instead because it is licensed under the GPL, whereas
gnuplot has special licenses (patches only). Linking those programs
together is forbidden by the GPL. Please don't file bugs telling me to
use libreadline in gnuplot...

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander