From: Wladimir Krawtschunowski <wowan@tscheburator.homeip.net>
To: debian-user-german@lists.debian.org
Date: Saturday, September 6, 2003, 2:14:54 AM
Subject: auto-calling the right application depending on the doc-type

Oliver Scorp wrote:
> hi,
>
> does exist a command in linux which starts always the right application
> depending on the doc-type (something like the start-command under windows)?
>
> ex.
>
> start abc.txt => open an editor with the text
> start http://www.abc.com => open a browser with the url
> start mailto:xyz@abc.com => open an email-client with the mailaddress
>
> thx
> oliver

I don't know something about that, but I think it schouldn't be much
work to write a script (in bash?) that looks on the doc-type and
executes the dependig programm.
  The question is, for what do you need something like that?

--
Haeufig gestellte Fragen und Antworten (FAQ):
http://www.de.debian.org/debian-user-german-FAQ/

Zum AUSTRAGEN schicken Sie eine Mail an debian-user-german-request@lists.debian.org