Re: Autoreply

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2003 14:39 schrieb Oliver Vecernik:
> Hallo Leute!
>
> Ich verwende Mozilla 1.3.1 unter Debian Woody. Meine Mails hole direkt
> beim Provider ab (kein eigenener Mailserver). Da ich demnächst auf
> Urlaub gehe, möchte ich gerne eine automatisierte Antwort verschicken.
> Jetzt habe ich erfahren, daß das unter Mozilla nicht geht.
>
> Wie kann ich das trotzdem realisieren?
>

> Grüße
> Oliver
Hallo Oliver,

da muesstest Du vacation einrichten.
schmider@crab scripts > man vacation
Reformatting vacation(1), please wait...
vacation(1)                User Manuals               vacation(1)

NAME
       vacation - reply to mail automatically

SYNOPSIS
       vacation [ -I | -i ]
       vacation [ -j ] [ -a alias ] [ -tN ] [ -r ] [ -?  ] username

DESCRIPTION
       vacation  automatically  replies  to  incoming  mail.   The reply is
contained in the file
       .vacation.msg in your home directory.  The vacation program run
interactively will  create
       and/or  edit  a  .vacation.msg  file in your home directory. The old
.vacation.msg will be
       backed up to .vacation.old file.  Type vacation with no arguments.
(See USAGE below.)

       For example, the message created by vacation is:
              Subject: away from my mail
              From:  smith (via the vacation program)
              I will not be reading my mail for a while. Your
              mail regarding "$SUBJECT" will be
              read when I return.

regards Martin
--
________________________________creating IT solutions
Martin Schmiderer               science + computing ag