Re: automagic date insert when starting a new notice

Hello,

Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

Thomas Schönhoff wrote:
I don't know a fully automagically solution, but there is an lfun "date-insert" (i.e. write this in the minibuffer), which inserts the current date. You could bind this to a key. The format is configurable via preferences->output->date format (cf. man strftime for details).

Hmm,

sounds rather complicated !
So I had a look at Herbert's Tips&Tricks page, there were two time related macros for current timestamps etc. After inserting this code in the preamble of the document and using ERT \timestamp{\small} works fine! This is by no means automagic workaround I was looking for but it does its job (almost) painlessly!
Thx for answers and ideas from Tips&Tricks page!

cheers
Thomas