One Workout That Changed My Life Forever

One Workout That Changed My Life Forever

Dear GANDIdat,
Five years ago I knocked on the door of a 76-year old 'Zen Master.'

His name was Karl Gotch, and all throughout Japan, he was revered
as 'The god of pro wrestling' - not only for his knowledge of legitimate
REAL pro wrestling - but because he was a  fitness legend as well.

Despite the fact that he only weighed 250 pounds, he was the first
and only person to hoist the humongous Andre the Giant - who weighed
well over 450 pounds, and toss him through the air like a kitten.

Although Karl didn't lift weights he was strong as a bear - and unlike
most 'strongmen' - he had no shortage of fuel in his tank. The guy's
strength just would not quit.

For many years I wanted to meet Karl ... and when I finally got my
chance I truly had no idea how much my life was about to change.

Prior to our meeting I was a national collegiate wrestling champion a
nd a world kung fu champion. So I THOUGHT I knew a 'little something'
about exercise.

In fact, I thought I knew A LOT about exercise. Afterall, I worked as
a personal trainer in California for 13 years, where I owned my own
gym ... and I had written numerous articles on the subject of weight training.

But Karl just laughed at everything I thought I already knew.

'Let me see you do a set of Hindu squats. I'll count for you,' he said.

I got started doing them and was quickly aware that these squats, although
appearing simple, were quite profound in how they trained the body.

'Let's see how many you can do,' said Karl. 'I used to do 2000
of them in a row in 56 minutes. Used to set an alarm to make
sure I finished in time.'

Two THOUSAND!!! I thought, as my thighs began to ache around
the fortieth rep.

'Once you can do 500 of these in a row, you're on to something,'
Karl chimed.

Despite having powerful legs that allowed me to easily squat well
over 500 pounds, the Hindu squats Karl taught me knocked me on
my can in about a minute.

'What's a matter, college boy?' said Karl with a sarcastic grin.'I
thought you were strong. This can't be hard. All you're using is your own
bodyweight.'

'These are unreal,' I said. 'Never thought anything could hurt so good.'

'Now let's see how many Hindu pushups you can do,' said Karl.

After being instructed on how to do them, I got into position and
started cranking them out. The first 10 were fairly easy. Then
around number 18 my arms, shoulders, chest and legs started
to cramp. This was strange because I could easily do 100 regular
pushups, practically in my sleep ... and could clean a full keg of
beer to my chest and press it overhead.

At rep number 21 I was shaking like a Maple leaf in Toronto.

'What's a matter college boy?' said Karl again. 'You mean to
tell me that all that education you have on fitness and you can't
even do 50 of these exercises that they've been doing in India
for thousands of years?'

Before I could comment Karl had me doing a bridge ... something I
figured as no big deal being I wrestled since I was 8 years old and
had the best coaches in the world, including Olympic gold medalists
Dan Gable and Bruce Baumgartner.

But the bridge Karl asked me to do was not the same as the one I'd
been doing for years. I literally felt every muscle in my body working
like never before.

'What do you think of that?' said Karl. 'Now you know why I say you
can get super strong using nothing but your own bodyweight. What
you're going for is not just strength, but strength-endurance.'

>From that day in April of 1999, I have practiced the bodyweight
exercises Karl taught me, as well as many others that I learned
throughout my athletic and martial arts career - and I have never
looked back.

As of today, I have passed my knowledge of these exercises onto
'students' in more than 100 countries. Many people started out only
being able to do a few pushups and squats ... and a half-baked bridge.
But in each case, no matter how little the person could do in the beginning,
if he or she sticks with the program - results come, and quickly, too.

In short order, Combat Conditioning beats the crap out of other
programs, and does so six ways from Sunday.

Today, Combat Conditioning is a program followed by men and women
of all ages and professions. It is used by the U.S. military, it is used by
many in law enforcement, by men and women in almost all sports as well
as the martial arts and combat sports fanatics.

Combat Conditioning works for weight loss and for increased stength,
endurance, flexibility and muscle. It is used to help eliminate back pain,
shoulder pain and knee pain ... as well as an assortment of aches and
pains all over the body. Plain and simple, the program works!!!!

But don't just take my word for it. Get the program and use it. It WILL
change your life for the better.

Go to http://www.mattfurey.com/conditioning_book.html and order now.

Kick ass - take names!

Matt Furey

P.S.: Here's what an office in the U.S. Marine Corps has to say about
Combat Conditioning: 'Matt, I am a US Marine stationed overseas. I am also a
wrestler/judoka and the Marine who developed the Marine Corps Martial Arts
Program. I use your courses regularly. I like your no-nonsense approach.
Particularly as I get older, bodyweight exercises are quick, flexible,
all-encompassing and convenient. Keep up the good work!'

Lt Colonel George Bristol
USMC

Copyright, Gold Medal Publications, Inc 2006

**The contents of this daily email are not to be
considered as medical advice.
Always consult a physician before beginning or
changing any fitness
program.**

This email is protected by copyright, 2006, Gold Medal
Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction of
any
portion of this email is strictly prohibited without the
express written consent of Gold Medal Publications,
Inc.

Matt Furey
Gold Medal Publications, Inc.
10339 Birdwatch Drive
Tampa, FL  33647 USA
813 994 8267 Phone
813 994 4947 FAX
matt@mattfurey.com
http://www.mattfurey.com

If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://autocontactor.com/app/r.asp?ID=90464241&ARID=14754

To update your contact information:
http://autocontactor.com/app/r.asp?c=1&ID=90464241