can't get vsftp working :(

Hi
i've tryed sowhat everything (i think) but can't get ftp working.
I've this error message: OOPS: cap_set_proc
and : Service not available, remote server has closed connection

This from a remote (local) machine in both directions.
Tryed several changes in vsftpd.cof; removed every
firewall/iptables; restarted vsftpd; etc... without success.
I can connect to the machine as user/password but a 'put' or 'get'
won't run and the connection closed with above errors.

The purpose of ftping is to get several files from an other local
machine. A fish (on konqueror) or a scp stops also sending files to
a remote machine with no more 'route' and i've to reboot the machine.

What could it be ??
Any help would be VERY appreciated.

mess-mate
--

All I know is what the words know, and dead things, and that
makes a handsome little sum, with a beginning and a middle and