Re: install debian sur dell inspiron 4150

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:19:30AM +0100, Xavier MAILLARD wrote:

> Il ne me reste qu'un seul souci non imputable à une quelconque
> installation de GNU/Linux: le support de l'ACPI pour la carte
> graphique. En effet ce n'est pas implémenté (pas très français) dans les
> drivers NVIDIA ce qui fait qu'en cas de mise en veille du portable (en
> mode graphique), X se gauffre comme une otarie bourrée à la bière.

on peut corriger ca; il faut modifier 2 lignes dans les drivers nvidia;
Cf http://www.whacked.net/ldl/faq/ :

1.1. Suspend to ram
        This is actually relatively easy to get working.  You need to
        make sure you don't have any special video hardware modules
        loaded, namely the DRI stuff.  For the ATI Mobility Rage
        people, this means making sure all the framebuffer and DRI
        modules are unloaded before suspending (look for r128, and
        agpgart when you do a lsmod).  If you just want to disable DRI
        permanently, then make sure your system isn't loading them at
        startup, and that you don't have DRI listed as a module in
        your XF86Config-4.

        For the Nvidia Geforce2Go, the driver, by default disables
        all power management.  There is a hack whereby you can
        disable AGP acceleration in the driver, which will allow you
        to suspend without having to always unload the driver.
        To do this hack, edit nv.c and search for "suspend".  You'll
        see two "case PM_SUSPEND" blocks - one within an #if branch
        and the other within an #else branch.  The second one has
        the following line:
            return 1
        Change the 1 to 0.  Continue to scroll past the #endif
        and there's a default code block that also returns 1.
        Change this 1 to 0 again.  Recompile the driver and you
        should APM enabled full-time.  If you do this hack, make
        sure you have the following line in your XF86Config-4 device
        section:
            Option  "NvAGP" "0"
        (Thanks to Rudolf Usselmann & James Hendrick)

- ca marche sans pb sur des latitudes c840, avec APM

A+

--
Bertrand Orvoine
I.U.P - Universite De Bretagne Sud  mailto:Bertrand.Orvoine@univ-ubs.fr