Re: graver sans

Le dim 12/05/2002 à 21:51, Quentin Saderne a écrit :
> j'ai fait chmod +s xcdroast
> ca marche pas, il dit qu'il peut pas initialiser GTK+
> quand le programme tourne en setuid.
>
> d'autre part le probleme semble venir du fait que
> xcdroast n'arrive pas a scanner les bus scsi pour
> trouver le graveur (message d'erreur au lancement de
> xcdroast).
>
> ca doit donc etre un probleme de permissions sur les
> fichiers de peripherique, mais pourtant les droits
> sont
> accordes au groupe cdrom, et je suis dedans...
>
> comprend pas...
>
> merci

http://www.xcdroast.org/xcdr098/faq-a10.html#11

11. You say X-CD-Roast 0.98 will not need root or suid-bit? How is this
possible? (Non-root-mode?)

Earlier version of X-CD-Roast needed root permissions to access the
partition stuff. But because I've thrown this out there is no reason for
root in the GUI. This is much safer and also disabled the need for a
non-root mode. X-CD-Roast is automatically safe to be run by any user.
This is possible because only the helper application will get suid-root
to get access to the scsi-hardware. The tools itself will drop their
root permissions as fast as possible to make it very hard to exploit
them (buffer-overrun or stuff like that). Any security issues will be
taken care of in the tools itself. Should be very hard to do any harm
with them.