Re: Xine

Le Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:53:06PM +0200, Guy-Greg écrivait:

> Quoi c'est pas libre ? Faut se renseigner avant de
> diffamer. Maintenant c'est
> GPL (avant la license interdisait de distribuer des binaires). Donc
> maintenant mplayer est libre.

Sur http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/info.html, section License:

 MPlayer is basically GPL, but contains some non-GPL code which is not
allowed to be distributed in binary form, and also contains the
OpenDivX library which has special license. We are still developing
towards GPL.

Plus explicitement sur la distribution de binaires:

 Distributing MPlayer in the form of binaries and/or binary packages
is currently impossible, speaking about both technical and law  areas.

--
Experience the warmth before you grow old.