Re: [Debian] NIS

Ilham Firdaus wrote:

> Dear Friends........
>
> I would like to install NIS Server and client.... and I think I did it....
> because I can login from my linux client computer in text mode and I got my
> the computer name (FQN) of my server if I type "ypwhich". But the problem
> is....: I can not login into My Linux Server.... in KDE/KDM mode....  I found
> this error message, under below :
>
> > > There was some error setting up inter-process
> > > communications for KDE. The message returned by
> > the
> > > system was :
> > > Could not read network connection list.
> > > //.DCOPserver_susejangkrik_:0
> > > Please check that the "dcopserver" program is
> > running.
> > > '
>
> So, I could login but then I was kicked out again after I got this error
> message.....

This Problem we have to.
The User which log in has no Homedirectory.
For example, our user log in via NIS and got their
Homedirectories per NFS !!!
If NFS fails and your Home-DIR is on NFS,
you will be kicked out on KDE.

Hope I could help you (and you understand my english)

Sven

--
LINUX - the force in your hand

Sven Hummel                  Tel. 02642/932-380
FH Koblenz Standort Remagen  www.RheinAhrCampus.de