[Debian] e2fsck - file system revision to high for this version

After having built in a bigger disk to my pismo, I tried to make a bigger
/usr (/usrneu) with parted. Now the whole disk is recognized:

pismo:/home/gerhard# mac-fdisk /dev/hda
/dev/hda10        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /                      303104 @ 3144
(14
8.0M)  Linux native
/dev/hda11        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /usr                  2457600 @ 306248
(
1.2G)  Linux native
/dev/hda12        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                   192512 @ 2763848
( 9
4.0M)  Linux swap
/dev/hda13              Apple_HFS Mac                  10649600 @ 2956360
(
5.1G)  HFS
/dev/hda14        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /home                 5324800 @ 13605960
(
2.5G)  Linux native
/dev/hda15              Apple_HFS kleinMac                65536 @ 18930760
( 3
2.0M)  HFS
/dev/hda16        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /var                  4096000 @ 18996296
(
2.0G)  Linux native
/dev/hda17        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /usrneu               5000000 @ 23092296
(
2.4G)  Linux native
/dev/hda18             Apple_Free Extra                10977784 @ 28092296
(
5.2G)  Free space

But, when I start

pismo:/home/gerhard# e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda17
e2fsck 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda17

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
debian ppc 2.4.9benh potato/woody/unstable (!! Before I don't have have have
my bigger /usr partition I can't make apt-get dist-upgrade.)
What's wrong.
Gerhard

Gerhard Reuteler , Reitweg 26d , A-6830 Rankweil
Tel: 0043 5522 48113