Re: [Debian] eth0

Michael Hoenisch <m.hoenisch@gmx.net> writes:

> eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00002020.
> eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00000020.
> eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00002020.
> eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00000020.

drivers/net/8139too.c:
                /* In case of an RxFIFOOver we must also clear the RxOverflow
                   bit to avoid dropping frames for ever. Believe me, I got a
                   lot of troubles copying huge data (approximately 2 RxFIFOOver
                   errors per 1GB data transfer).
                   The following is written in the 'p-guide.pdf' file (RTL8139(A/B)
                   Programming guide V0.1, from 1999/1/15) on page 9 from REALTEC.
                   2. RxFIFOOvw handling:
                     When RxFIFOOvw occurs, all incoming packets are discarded.
                     Clear ISR(RxFIFOOvw) doesn't dismiss RxFIFOOvw event. To
                     dismiss RxFIFOOvw event, the ISR(RxBufOvw) must be written
                     with a '1'.
                   Unfortunately I was not able to find any reason for the
                   RxFIFOOver error (I got the feeling this depends on the
->                 CPU speed, lower CPU speed --> more errors).
                   After clearing the RxOverflow bit the transfer of the
                   packet was repeated and all data are error free transfered */

> Ich kann damit nichts anfangen ...

ich auch nicht wirklich :)

regards,
dns