Re: Media player

Hi again Sven,

On 12/1/06, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 19:49 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> I hadn't seen it before, but now that I have glanced at it, I don't
> believe it has relevance for me as my system sounds work and until I
> started trying to get .mp3 working, both Rythmbox, Goobox, etc. worked
> fine, but could only rip .ogg files.

[..]

> ** (goobox:4805): WARNING **: No GConf default audio sink key and
> osssink doesn't work

From this, I'm guessing that you're running the GNOME sound server, esd,
and for some reason GStreamer isn't set up using esd or autodetect.

Make sure gstreamer0.10-esd and gstreamer0.8-esd are installed. (Running
dpkg  -l packagename from a terminal should show this.)

Neither of these were installed. I installed them both and now GNOME
CD, Rhythmbox and Sound Juicer seem to work fine. GNOME CD player
plays CD's and Rhythmbox and Sound Juicer play both CD's and .mp3
files. Goobox however, crashes immediately on startup. When I start it
from the command line I get the following:

~$ goobox
  $1 =
  $1 =
  $2 =
  $3 =
  $4 =

** (goobox:5022): WARNING **: No GConf default audio sink key and
osssink doesn't work

(goobox:5022): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add_many: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(goobox:5022): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_2)' failed
  $1 =
  $1 =
  $2 =
  $3 =
  $4 =

** (goobox:5022): WARNING **: No GConf default audio sink key and
osssink doesn't work

(goobox:5022): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add_many: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(goobox:5022): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_2)' failed
Segmentation fault

It looks to me to be the same message as before - correct?

Launch gstreamer-properties and try setting Audio Output to Autodetect
or esd (or esound, not sure what it's called).

If none of the above works, please run
gconftool-2 --get /system/gstreamer/0.8/default/audiosink
and
gconftool-2 --get /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink
from a terminal and paste the output in a mail back to the list.

Are any of the above relevant for the Goobox issue or am I into
something else now?

Hope this helps,

--
Cheers,