Re: new configuration to avoid spam at the lists

En/na Pascal Hakim ha escrit:

>On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 23:45 +0200, MarC wrote:
>
>>I have sent several mails to listarchives@debian.org but I never got any
>>answer. Now I'm trying with listmaster@lists.debian.org
>>
>>I had to unsubscribe from the debian-user list because of SPAM. The
>>email addresses are not filtered and I google could find easily my
>>address because of its appearance at the list archives!!
>>Out of debian, in every other list I have written to, they change @ with
>>  (AT) and . with (DOT) or something similar.
>>
>>Could you configure the debian lists with this option?
>>At least some users at the debian-user-catalan would like to have this
>>feature enabled.
>

>Hi,
>
>While it is possible to turn this option on, it has not been done as
>more people seem to prefer having this option off than on.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Pasc

Hi again,
We have done a Poll in our lists in order to see if people really
prefered this option or they didn't.

The question of the poll was:
"replace @ with ARROBA at the debian-user-catalan list"

and a large majority voted for YES.
However we realised afterwards that "ARROBA" wasn't appropiate and that
it would be better to replace @ with "A" at the debian-user-catalan
list, because "A" is a more common preposition in our language.

This doesn't change the opinion of the persons who voted, as the
important issue is the fact of masking the @ symbols, so we would ask
you to apply the last rule to the list.

See the archive to check out the results and verify them if you wish:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-catalan/2005/debian-user-catalan-200505/threads.html

the following persons answered NO:
albertfc A gmail.com
txena A menta.net
carlesmu A ya.com
gulgulan A gmail.com
griera A gmail.com

the following persons answered YES:
albert.gasset A estudiant.upc.edu
jarashi A telefonica.net
condor3000free A yahoo.es
llistes A eines.info
chaos.ct A gmail.com
escarbat A gmail.com
dimas A 4agost.net
edubxb A ya.com
linuxer A unraco.net
gforns A gmail.com
ivanmoret A telefonica.net
apardalat A gmail.com
jfontich A pie.xtec.es
jordisayol A yahoo.es
jvalverde A gmail.com
jordi_2 A matias-guarro.com
cancio A clara.co.uk
txemaq A spymac.com
kld A futurnet.es
xscript A gmx.net
manelmartinez A menta.net
marcfurti A yahoo.es
sarinyo A gmail.com
march.masip A gmail.com
miqueloliete A softhome.net
orestes A tsc.upc.edu
ptorutra A yahoo.es
paucliment A ya.com
pepe A elcorreu.net
phalangana A yahoo.com
qgil A interactors.coop
rdelavega A cesca.es
robert A cataloniahosting.com
elizir A elizir.mine.nu
llistadebiancat A ya.com
santiagopm A wanadoo.es
sargue A gmail.com
tevibp A wanadoo.es
marc A ramonvinyes.es
jordi A matarosensefils.net
marc.bres A gmail.com

Finally we have realised that some spammers write directly to the list
without being stopped by any moderator. I think we should also improve
this. Do you think it's possible? See the "english posts" of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-catalan/2005/debian-user-catalan-200505/threads.html

Thank you,
MarC