Re: Berolist

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Matt Kopishke wrote:
> I am trying to configure Berolist under Slink.
First try upgrading to the version from potato.

> installed it via dselect
> add Tbin to my /etc/mail/sendmail.ct
> ran the new-list program, added the list
> added the line from /var/list/aliases to my /etc/aliases
> ran newaliases
> restarted sendmail
> sent a message to the list with "subscribe" in the subject

I gave up on Berolist, its simple fast and there is a web interface but I
found it was just too unreliable and buggy. I changed to mailman and it
is working great! the web interface allows the owners of the lists to
administer them with a GUI there a miriad of options and it has not failed
yet.

I am using potato and have chosen exim over sendmail.

---Gareth