Re: email from cracklib cron

> I'm not clear on when its ok to upload a fix to a stable
> distribution.  This is clearly not a security issue or even
> a serious problem.  Would it still be appropriate to upload
> to slink?

It's the eternal debate about what the word 'stable' means in a
software distribution.  One definition is, "non-experimental, but up
to date".  Another is, "Changes only for security reasons."

Debian seems to use the latter definition.  Perhaps the package
developer has some say; I'm not sure how that works.

--
Pete Harlan
harlan@pointofchoice.com