Re: Writing CRON job to null.

Jim Jackson:

> In all Unices I've used, cron uses sh/bash to run the jobs - not sure if
> that can be changed, I haven't delved.

Actually cron set the Variable SHELL to /bin/sh.
That means if you really (what for) want to change this,
you can either link it to a different shell then bash
or start the crontab file with SHELL=<your shell>

(At least in Linux, I don't know about the other UNIX-variants)

But I wouldn't do this.
Normally I but all things I want to be start from cron
in separate shell scripts, whith I start with

#!<the shell I want>

so that I know which shell I use in every case.
Greetings
Regine