Re: Somebody's scanning my ports or what? REVISITED

Arcady Genkin <genkin@sympatico.ca> writes:

I've checked my logs and discovered that exactly the same thing
happened exactly a week ago at the same hour. The same IP too. The
regularity for me implies that it could be a routine my ISP is running
weekly. Also, the IP is in my ISP's domain.

Is that practice accepted anywhere else, or is it just my ISP's
invention (assuming I'm correct to say that it *is* the ISP and not
some CrAcKeR dUdE)?

FWIW I've posted enire extracts from the logs of April 27 and April 20
at http://www3.sympatico.ca/genkin/daemon.log
I've also complained to abuse@bellglobal.com.

Thanks for any input.

--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE