Re: Apache?

If you are asking how to connect to the apache web server with a
browser, then you should just be able to type one of the
following into the location field of netscape:

localhost
localhost:80
mycomputername
mycomputername:80

substituting 'mycomputername' with the actual name of your
computer, i.e. starfury.oa.nl in my case.

If none of these work then there is something wrong with
apache.  If localhost works but mycomputername does not, then
there is something wrong with your network set up (could just be
missing entries in /etc/hosts or something worse).

Hope this helps.
John.

Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> In article <cistron.01be90d5$518929d0$a3e6d0d1@vlad.nyic.com>,
> Eugene <eventi@nyic.com> wrote:

> >can
>
> I think the gentleman was asking about where to put the HTML docs
> for the webserver. Well, that's easy; just point your browser to the
> local host, and the default index page will tell you all about it.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard