Re: Linux & packet collisions

> You *must* do this. For full duplex you need a switch, a hub won't be
> sufficient.
ahh ok..didn't know that .

> What performance (in MB/s) are you getting? If that appears to be ok, don't
> worry about the collisions.
performance is suffering pretty bad..I don't know what the potential
performance could be but my systems top out at about 2MB/s ..that is the
absolute upper limit.  with samba it is quite a bit slower.  i ran a test
and got about 550kb/s.  This was going from a 7200RPM Ultra scsi drive to
a 7200RPM IDE drive(both IBM)

> What if you just connect the two computers with a crossover cable. This will
> even allow full duplex (I believe, correct me someone if I'm wrong)

I'll check that tonight, after i get home..i did have signal difficulties
with my cables for a while, after cutting them in half and re crimping
them it fixed that.

thanks a lot

nate