Re: Linux & packet collisions

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 05:33:22PM -0700, POP3 for aphro.. wrote:
> I'm having some minor problems with collisions on my 2-node network.

> Hub
> Netgear FE104 100MB 4-port hub(with handy little orange collision light)
>
> I set both systems to half duplex, and that reduced the collisions some
You *must* do this. For full duplex you need a switch, a hub won't be
sufficient.

What performance (in MB/s) are you getting? If that appears to be ok, don't
worry about the collisions.

What if you just connect the two computers with a crossover cable. This will
even allow full duplex (I believe, correct me someone if I'm wrong)

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source